What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Loading Garmin Database

Blizzard

Using a Mac
Garmin Database Manager loaded and works fine
SD card formatted for FAT 32
Updates loaded onto the SD card seem to load fine
First ever attempt at loading of database into GTN 650Xi
Insert card into 650 and then power up....nothing...still says no database available
Touch database base icon and detailed list and info says "Database not unlocked for this system"
System number for my account and actual system number agree
Each data base appears on the list with the proper expiration date but seems to be locked
Aircraft is in hangar still under construction. GPS signal is sketchy at best in hangar.
So how how do I "unlock database for this system " ?????? Thanks

Reactions: eld
Sometimes those first updates onto a new system get wonky because the software versions of the components are not compatible. You might want to call Garmin tech support if nobody chimes in here.

Had some buddies that had a similar issue last weekend loading a 750. Spoke to Garmin Tech and found that an 8 GB SD card is the max size that can be used (they were using a 32 GB). Moved to an 8 GB card and the 750 loaded with no issues. That's in the manual somewhere. You might double check the size of your card before proceeding.

Had some buddies that had a similar issue last weekend loading a 750. Spoke to Garmin Tech and found that an 8 GB SD card is the max size that can be used (they were using a 32 GB). Moved to an 8 GB card and the 750 loaded with no issues. That's in the manual somewhere. You might double check the size of your card before proceeding.
Had high hopes that the card size might resolve the issue. Was using a 32GB card and tried an 8GB card. Same Message. In the exhaustive list info still says "database not unlocked for this system"

Max card size is 32, pretty sure you can't buy 8gb anymore (Garmin should update their manual).
The DB's are not the same for the Xi and non Xi versions, make sure you have the correct one.
Practically every time I hear about DB or SW load problems it's on a Mac, do yourself a favor and PU a windows machine for this task.

Max card size is 32, pretty sure you can't buy 8gb anymore (Garmin should update their manual).
The DB's are not the same for the Xi and non Xi versions, make sure you have the correct one.
Practically every time I hear about DB or SW load problems it's on a Mac, do yourself a favor and PU a windows machine for this task.
Thanks Walt. I as usual....operator error on my part. As it turned out when I ordered the database subscription apparently I entered the system number for one of my GDU's . Garmin edited the number on my account and everything worked as advertised. I was initially concerned about using my Mac for the Database Manager but so far it has worked flawlessly. And you're right.....Garmin said any size SD card from 8GB up to 32GB will work. Also from what I've seen so far the Sandisk SD cards come already formatted for FAT32. If it's not..use the SD Card Formatter they recommend.....works great.

Back