What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lens installation documentation request

KenB

Folks, I received my wing kit 4 years ago. I carefully stored the instruction sheet for installing the wingtip fairing lenses, which is another way of saying I've totally forgotten where I put it. This is for a 9, but I suspect that the instruction sheet is the same for almost every model. Since the mothership is closed for a couple of days and I'm hoping to get this done this holiday weekend, I'm wondering if someone would mind taking a picture of the instruction sheet and emailing it to me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance, Ken

Folks, I received my wing kit 4 years ago. I carefully stored the instruction sheet for installing the wingtip fairing lenses, which is another way of saying I've totally forgotten where I put it. This is for a 9, but I suspect that the instruction sheet is the same for almost every model. Since the mothership is closed for a couple of days and I'm hoping to get this done this holiday weekend, I'm wondering if someone would mind taking a picture of the instruction sheet and emailing it to me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance, Ken
Is it Van's lens or another one? Is it this one......?

Attachments

• IMG808.jpg
    IMG808.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 42
Thanks, RBR, for sending pic. Much appreciated. Standard Van's lens for the -9 that arrived in the wing kit crate.

Cheers, Ken

Not much to it. Cut it in half. Slip the half into place where it fits best. Mark. Trim. Once you're happy, drill a hole in each of the two corners, top and bottom. Install nutplates.

Larry,

That's pretty much what I figured. But until I see instructions, I don't know what I don't know. Thanks to RBR, I now know what I didn't knowo_O

In particular, I was curious to see if there might be something about fabricating some sort of gasket to seal the lens to prevent ingress of moisture or instructions to drill a drain hole or ... something else. Nope. Pretty much what you said.

Cheers, Ken

Back