What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lawyer for aviation dispute

CharliePeter

Hi,

Does anyone know a good lawyer who could help with an aviation dispute? I am a co-owner in a plane and the other partner has removed the aircraft and stopped me accessing it.

Thanks,
Charlie.

I am thinking any lawyer, would be OK to make up a letter. Of you offering up to buy out the other owner's 'half'. With a price of 30 thousand lower than fair market value , with a note saying that the 30 thousand would the cost of him going to jail ???for theft??? and paying for a lawyer to get out of jail....................................a better idea is ,,,,,if your are a member of AOPA , is to call AOPA. Asking the best way to get ""out"" of your partnership..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.and please take my first idea as a ????joke?????? , after the whole world, "and this fool" having a long hot day..............................good day ,stay cool ,rick

Hi,

Does anyone know a good lawyer who could help with an aviation dispute? I am a co-owner in a plane and the other partner has removed the aircraft and stopped me accessing it.

Thanks,
Charlie.

Try EAA. In my case (just one case), I found the EAA referred attorney (Orlando office) very helpful.

Is there a clause like this in your partnership?

Does it take a lawyer to execute?

Article 49 - Involuntary Dissolution
If any party is in default of any of the terms of this Agreement and fails for thirty (30) days after notice
therefor to cure such default, then the co-owners who are not in default may initiate dissolution proceedings.
In this event, the dissolution shall be considered involuntary, and the non-defaulting parties shall be
considered as the remaining co-owners, and the co-owner who is in default shall be considered the retiring
co-owner, for the purposes of the procedure set out above in ARTICLE 45, "Voluntary Withdrawal."

Back