What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KBNL - Thumbs up

YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
Stopped at Barnwell County SC, KBNL, yesterday on our way from VA to FL. Cheap fuel (as well as mogas), and a courtesy van. They were closing in 20 minutes but the manager was more than happy to let us take the van and gave us the code to leave the key inside when we returned. Went to Anthony's, a local dive, for dinner, on his suggestion. Neat little main street downtown as well. They also have honor system drinks and snacks, and a very nice, new FBO building.

It is a great stopover for trips between south FL and the mid-atlantic (at least with my wife's 2 hour bladder limit). Runway 23 looks nice from the air, but is very cracked and overgrown, but usable (I did). 17/35 is new and smooth.

Chris

I am stopping at Barnwell two-three times a year on average. Ted Chang introduced me to that field in 2011. Great bunch of guys there in charge. Once I flooded the engine, killed the battery and they had a Ford to jump me. The other day we were landing after dark and the manager heard us on a portable at home I believe and drove to the terminal. Gave us crew van and direction to the hotel. Excellent stop!

Back