What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kavlico sensors

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Just replaced my original VDO fuel and oil pressure sensors with the newer Kavlico sensors and noticed that the Kavlico sensors do not have the restrictor input that the VDO sensors have. Is this because the Kavlico sensors are solid state and not diaphragm based so loss of oil etc. is not likely?

Also anyone have the part number or replacement for the 3 contactor hobbs/low oil pressure switch as that appears to be leaking.
Thanks
Figs

Just replaced my original VDO fuel and oil pressure sensors with the newer Kavlico sensors and noticed that the Kavlico sensors do not have the restrictor input that the VDO sensors have. Is this because the Kavlico sensors are solid state and not diaphragm based so loss of oil etc. is not likely?

I think it is possible, and also possible that your hose to the sensor could leak or burst, which is why I believe the restrictor fitting is normally on the engine side of things, then the hose, then the sensor, such that everything downstream is protected.

Similar discussion here: https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=217245

Kavlico P/N: 103757-000 I paid $129. This is the 0-150 psi sensor that replaces the unit mentioned in a Dynon S.B..

Last edited:
Long time since I finished the RV, anyone know if the engine side restrictor fittings came in the finish kit?
Figs

Back