What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is EAA's Amateur Built Certification Kit worth buying?

If you don't need the items you listed, it's probably not worth it for you. It kinda depends on your DAR. I personally supply all necessary documentation after registration. Some DARs don't. Talk to your inspector and find out how much documentation he will supply.

I found the kit valuable...All my stuff went thru first time without any errors and I used the kit to get it that way...

Some of the stuff I will never use and the paint peeled off the dataplate so it was not worth much..but the info and forms included are good.

The registration process is simple if you follow the directions but can be a nightmare if you screw the forms up....

Worth

It was a good kit for me. Step by step paperwork instructions all copies of all necessary forms included. Did everything as advised and got my registration in three weeks.

I found the book invaluable...

...and followed the examples. No issues with my paperwork submissions and got it right the first time.

Timely thread, thanks

Just got my kit last week, so far only glanced at the contents, but I am satisfied I got my moneys worth.

I used it, thought it was very helpful. The FSDO is familiar with it and said "oh, if you have that, then all your paperwork should be in order". And it was.

I do it again.

Back