What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is anyone building something else NOT an RV, but Likes this group..?

Not at it's current set up. It was designed to be fairly docile. I am sure it could be, but at what cost? I'm not sure a v-8 would even fit without changing the dimensions of the cowl, and ultimately ruining the look.

If I ever get the bi-plane finished, I'm looking at building a T-51B. I've always liked the looks of the B model and I don't think the mod would be particularly difficult. I've already pretty much got the mod figured out in my head.

In addition to the RV8A I'm building one of these.

keg.jpg

:p

I'm not sure WHAT I'm going to build yet but it'll be aluminum, I know that.

Taking the family to the EAA fly-in at Front Range Airport in CO this year, possibly one will just jump out at me.

phelan said:
I will be going for my PPL this summer, and after that, ordering my -10 kit. However, I intend to use my experience gleaned from that project to help with this...

corsair.jpg

The Corsair is one of my favorite fighter warbirds, and Tony Pileggi is painfully designing a prototype 82% replica (LINK). If it turns out to be a winner, he suggests a kit would be a possibility. Hey, we're all just a bunch of dreamers anyway, right?

It would be nice to see his idea come to fruition, but after looking at the website, it appears to be merely a dream on paper.

Back