What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO360 alternator belt part number

I could look mine up tomorrow. But if you put a string around and measure and get length and the width can be looked up. Napa or whoever will carry or can get in a day. Alternators are different size pulleys.

Anyone have a idea on the length or part number for a alternator belt for a IO-360 on a RV-7.

Thanks
David
I think that the belt is connected more to the engine than to the airframe. I put here a picture of alternator belt but actually I used No. 7355 (not 7360 as in the picture) on my XIO360-M1B (RV8A 4X-OAA)
Ariel Arielly
RV8A #80295
4X-OAA

Attachments

• Belt 2360.jpg
    Belt 2360.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 8
Anyone have a idea on the length or part number for a alternator belt for a IO-360 on a RV-7.

Thanks
David
I could look mine up tomorrow. But if you put a string around and measure and get length and the width can be looked up. Napa or whoever will carry or can get in a day. Alternators are different size pulleys.

My Aerosport IO-375 with a B&C 40 amp alternator has a Gates 7365, which is 36.5".

But as TheFlightRisk wrote, measuring is the best way to be sure.

Alt Belt IO-375.jpg

I have an IO-360-M1B with a B&C 60A alternator, and I'm running a 7360 belt.

I'd just buy several sizes and find the one that fits best! That's what I ended up doing for my installation.

Napa rebrands the Gates belts. Even keeps the part number.
I replaced mine recently and was shocked, after 10 years and 400 hours I had trouble distinguishing it from the new one. No checking or cracking and still flexible.

Use the shortest belt possible (55) if you can to avoid the alt pully rubbing on the cowl.
What Walt said...I have the larger aluminum pully that comes with the FWF kit (I believe) I ended up swapping mine to a 7370 which was a little shorter than what was installed

Back