What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction from Indiana - RV-10

I've been lurking around since 2015, figured its time that I at least say hi to everyone. Especially since I've been building since March 2020. My name is Josh and I currently reside in Indiana. This is only my second post (my first was today in the build log forum), but I have been reading for years and dreaming about flying and building an RV-10. I think I was bit by the bug back as a kid being read "Bored-Nothing To Do!" in the early 80's. (Wonder if I can find a copy to share with my kids.) Over the years I read several books on flying and how aircraft where built and then in 1997 I saw the Popular Mechanics article on building the Zenith Air CH601 HDS. Up until that point, I think I had always assumed a homebuilt aircraft would have to be something like an ultralight with canvas wings and welded frame. I probably wasn't aware of the RV-10 until Tim started building in 2004. In 2003 I was sitting in the desert, fixing helicopters. In Fall of 2004 I remember sharing his website with some other members of my squadron and three or four of us started flight training for our private pilot. Mine was put on hold for a trip to South Korea and I didn't get back to it until 2015. I sat in my first RV-10 (N410RV) at the Arlington, WA fly-in in 2011. I saw it and the Sling 4 at Oshkosh 2016. I took deliver of my first kit in 2020. Still haven't flown in an RV. Hoping that one of the owners in my local EAA chapter will help my out with that someday. Just sitting in the aircraft, I have a pretty good grin on my face in the pictures. Hoping to take the kids back to Oshkosh this year, now that they are old enough to remember it better.

I've been lurking around since 2015, figured its time that I at least say hi to everyone. Especially since I've been building since March 2020. My name is Josh and I currently reside in Indiana. This is only my second post (my first was today in the build log forum), but I have been reading for years and dreaming about flying and building an RV-10. I think I was bit by the bug back as a kid being read "Bored-Nothing To Do!" in the early 80's. (Wonder if I can find a copy to share with my kids.) Over the years I read several books on flying and how aircraft where built and then in 1997 I saw the Popular Mechanics article on building the Zenith Air CH601 HDS. Up until that point, I think I had always assumed a homebuilt aircraft would have to be something like an ultralight with canvas wings and welded frame. I probably wasn't aware of the RV-10 until Tim started building in 2004. In 2003 I was sitting in the desert, fixing helicopters. In Fall of 2004 I remember sharing his website with some other members of my squadron and three or four of us started flight training for our private pilot. Mine was put on hold for a trip to South Korea and I didn't get back to it until 2015. I sat in my first RV-10 (N410RV) at the Arlington, WA fly-in in 2011. I saw it and the Sling 4 at Oshkosh 2016. I took deliver of my first kit in 2020. Still haven't flown in an RV. Hoping that one of the owners in my local EAA chapter will help my out with that someday. Just sitting in the aircraft, I have a pretty good grin on my face in the pictures. Hoping to take the kids back to Oshkosh this year, now that they are old enough to remember it better.
Welcome Josh!!! Thanks for signing up and chiming in. I appreciate you being here! v/r,dr

Last edited:
Where are you in Indiana? I am down near Batesville…

I'm in Shelbyville, IN, KGEZ with a finished RV-10. If you need any advice, or have questions while building, let me know:)........I have flown many times to both Bedford, and Bloomington for IU Health LifeLine, when I flew an EMS Helicopter, for them. feel free to reach out.

Back