What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inter tube 5.00 - 5

backcountry

Well Known Member
i received a Aero Classic leakguard intertube with a 90 degree stem Aircraf Spruce but it has a bump in the stem that doesn’t allow it to fit maco hub.
Does anyone know a part number for tube that works for the RV-12?

I just did my first tube change and I had the same problem. In my case, I hadn't broke the wheel hub down far enough.
I’ve changed it before a couple of times and the old tubes work okay.
The new tube has a bump and won’t work.

My new tubes also have a bump on the valve stems. I had to pop the hub out to get them through. I didn't know if you knew the hub comes out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_195730_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_195730_Chrome.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
This is a msg I just got from Matco. They checked and confirmed there’s now a problem. However, they’ve come up possible solutions. I just now ordered the tube with the short 90 degree stem. I will have to move the wheel hub to the other side of the wheel for this solution.

“Hi Larry this is Andy at Matco return your call we spot checked in the stock that we have of our arrow classic tubes and there is an interference issue so it's a quality alert for newer tire rubber that we're gonna send over basically right now there's two options for you number one there's another manufactured two out there with the fifth common 505 TR 67 and that's the specialty tire of America it just says STA on the tube those are out there I'm not sure who's supplying it the other one is the wheels are wheels and brakes those MHE51 wheel hands if you swap them meaning if you move to the back half to the valve side you can use the short small 90° tube I do have those in stock as it has an option I didn't know if you wanna go that route some people don't like it just because the TR 87 short 90° stem is not common so if you had a flat you know it some local airport you know the most common tube you find is the 505 aircraft you know so that's concern for some people some people actually say no it's cheaper to go that route so for us being a partner could be a TRTU 500 X5 and then I believe there's either Dash 87 or/87 you'll find in our website when you Google to search the TRU 500 both will show up but yeah our stock here I will not help you so at this point advice I've got you can give me a call back so this is Andy at Matco if you wanna talk to me

My new tubes also have a bump on the valve stems. I had to pop the hub out to get them through. I didn't know if you knew the hub comes out.
What hub is this? I have a 2015 -12 with Matco wheels and they don’t look anything like that.

From KAI Section 35 for any RV12 with Matco wheels:

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 1.44.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, yes I remember that hub, never thought it would be an issue with the valve stem though. Is there any pics of this stem with the “bump”?

I didn’t know that reversing the wheel half‘s was an option so looked up the manual. Yeah, the Rev N (2022) Matco manual states that you can reverse the Halves for tube type. The short stem TR-87 is less money and the tube would be a lot easier to install with the halves reversed. Noting the possible issue with it being an uncommon tube type In the advent of a flat away. Carry a spare?

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 6.07.56 PM.png
Some 5.00x5 tube prices:
Goodyear flight Mate Butyl Tube TR 67A Bent stem $167.00
Aero Classic Leak-Guard TR-67A 90 deg stem $108.95 (Butyl)
Aero Classic Leak-Guard TR-87 90 deg short stem. $81.00
Michelin Airstop BNT90 STEM $197.75

Is the Michelin Airstop worth the price?

Last edited:
Back