What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument panel drawings

bbaggerman

I am thinking about a custom panel for my RV-12. I notice on Van's website they have CAD drawings for instrument panels for all the other models but not the RV-12. What gives? Any idea where I can get CAD drawings of an RV-12 instrument panel?

Here is the response I got back from Van's tech support...

"Due to the proprietary nature of the data, I cannot send you the CAD version of the panels."

That sort of surprised me. The "Downloads" section of their website has CAD versions for their other aircraft.

Attachments

• Vans_Panels_CAD.png
    Vans_Panels_CAD.png
    34 KB · Views: 30
I have .Dwg files for a one-piece RV-12 panel and the three sectioned panels that were created from a laser scan of the original RV-12 three-piece panels. I have only used the one-piece version for water jetting the panel I have installed. I did separate the control mount in the center section so the panel can be removed and installed without messing with the throttle and other cable controls. I also have CAD dwgs for a custom radio mounting bracket for the center section that replaces the smaller OE RV-12 bracket and supports the center of the one-piece panel.

Here is a photo of the second prototype that was turned into wall art. PM me if you want any of the dwgs.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Attachments

• RV-12 Panel Wall Art.jpg
    RV-12 Panel Wall Art.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 52
  • RV12 Custom Radio Brackets.jpg
    RV12 Custom Radio Brackets.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 34
Back