What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Improve visibility of text and number Sorcerer AP

Hello;
I live in the South of Brazil, (Brusque city, State of Santa Catarina)
I hope you understand my poor English.

I Installed in the my RV 10, the Garmin G900X and the Sorcerer AP and would appreciate so much your comments on the following:
To help visibility of the text and number on the screen of the AP, I adjusted the contrast to number 7 (seven). I already set the contrast to less and more and did not improve it.
During the flight the text and numbers alternate (automatically), between yellow color and gray color. Yellow visibility is great and gray color is poor. My question is: how to keep all the time the yellow color? The AP has daylight and nightlight settings? I would like to improve the visibility and to keep all flight time on yellow color, is it possible? In yellow color my problem would be solved.
I am looking forward to yours comments.
Please, if you can help-me, email: [email protected]

Best Regard.
Antonio Baumg?rtner

Antonio,

The Digiflight models originally had a green screen with poor contrast, and also many of them lost pixels. TruTrak replaced the display with a blue screen that has much better contrast and readability. That might be a solution for your Sorcerer. Contact Lucas at TruTrak.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Thanks Jim Berry for the help

Jim;

I apreciated so much your help.

I am going to contact TruTrak to replace the display.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Antonio

The display for the Sorcerer has been the same throughout its entire production. It is not the same display used in the Digiflight and does not suffer from the same problems. The problem is most likely the location of the autopilot in the panel and shadows are rolling across the photocell. We are working with Flyer in Brazil to instruct them on how to make a modification that will leave the backlight on at all times. This will have the yellow text there always. If you haven't contacted them already, please give them a call. Thanks!

Back