What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need a bit more range of motion on a clevis fork

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
Specifically, the clevis within the throttle quadrant which needs to align with the bracket holding the cables going forward. At extreme forward or extreme aft, the fork cannot follow the angle of the cable without contacting the arm of the throttle within the quadrant.

Important Safety Tip: Do not automatically drill new holes in the arm of your levers within the quadrant on centerline! Certainly leave sufficient material, but you may want to put the hole a bit off center to allow the clevis to rotate to follow the cable routing. You will notice that the original holes on the throttle arm ARE NOT ON CENTERLINE. Take that distance off center as you guidance should you drill new holes.

Anyway, now: Do I carve a bit off the clevis or off the edge of the lever to allow more motion? My initial thought is to trim the throttle arm. What sayest thou, oh smart RV'ers?

Last edited:
Specifically, the clevis within the throttle quadrant which needs to align with the bracket holding the cables going forward. At extreme forward or extreme aft, the fork cannot follow the angle of the cable without contacting the arm of the throttle within the quadrant.

Important Safety Tip: Do not automatically drill new holes in the arm of your levers within the quadrant on centerline! Certainly leave sufficient material, but you may want to put the hole a bit off center to allow the clevis to rotate to follow the cable routing. You will notice that the original holes on the throttle arm ARE NOT ON CENTERLINE. Take that distance off center as you guidance should you drill new holes.

Anyway, now: Do I carve a bit off the clevis or off the edge of the lever to allow more motion? My initial thought is to trim the throttle arm. What sayest thou, oh smart RV'ers?

A nice clean polished relief in the arm.

A nice clean polished relief in the arm.

Before drilling a new hole, consider adjusting the angle that the control cable addresses the quadrant by changing the approach angle of the cable and/or mounting the quadrant on a bit of an angle.

Bevan

Back