What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I can help you replace your LCP parts: the list of volunteers.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
This was ‘PilotjohnS’ idea. Here is what he wrote,

Once the new parts are available from Vans, I would like to help a new builder replace the parts in their quick build kit. I figure if a bunch of us repeat offenders could offer up a few weekends, we could do a lot of kit rebuilds in a short time. Maybe borrow a hangar somewhere in a central part of country. Heck, repeat offenders usually have an efficient way to get there.”​

I’m starting a new thread for this wonderful idea on the chance it can grow organically to include many areas around the country/globe. A link to this thread will be on the front page starting Monday.

I’ll start the list with my location:

Dallas, TX area. You can bring your parts to my hangar or I’ll come to you. You can use my tools or I can bring some to you.

Who else is in? If you can volunteer, please reply to this thread with your city, state in the subject line.

v/r,dr

PS: If we can, please let’s just limit this thread to a list of people who can help, not steer off into other topics.

Last edited:
Denver, CO: Help

I'm game in the Northern CO area.
Definately in my shop but I may be able to commute to help.
I'm very good at drilling rivets.

Last edited:
Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky / SE Indiana

I’m in the tristate area. I have a heated / air conditioned workshop to work in and necessary tools.

North MS/Memphis TN (KMEM)

I’m still building on my -10 but can offer up a climate controlled 40x40 shop, necessary tools, and lend a hand if needed.

Last edited:
Aurora Oregon

I can help either at our Wilsonville home with my tools, at my airport Hangar on KUAO (location of our Mother Ship), your nearby South Portland location, and at times my airpark place, Desert Aire Washington.

E. TN

Always willing to help a fellow builder.

East TN area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in the tristate area. I have a heated / air conditioned workshop to work in and necessary tools.

Bob,
I’m also in the tri-state / Cinci area and am glad to help. Either come to your place, or work on some parts at mine @ HAO. We have several RV builders here, and while I’m not volunteering their services, I know I can get help if needed.

Ctrl. Alabama

In central Alabama, happy to help as well.

Midland, TX

Yes. This is where we need to be. Less bitching, more working.

I'm available in the Midland TX area.

Mid Michigan

Mid Michigan - KTEW - with hangar room and 2 builders with tools!

Yes. Sunman, Indiana

Bob,
I’m also in the tri-state / Cinci area and am glad to help. Either come to your place, or work on some parts at mine @ HAO. We have several RV builders here, and while I’m not volunteering their services, I know I can get help if needed.

My -10 is at I67, Cincy West but it is a T hangar and not as well equipped. Workshop is in Sunman, Indiana...32 x 48, heated, well lit, and plenty of tools...

South Okanagan, British Columbia

I'm happy to help out in the South Okanagan, British Columbia...

Nashua, NH (KASH)

Happy to help in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area...

Dave

Last edited:
I'm in Margate, S FLA - use KPMP. Have drill, will work for food ;) References from EAA Chapter 133 builders and an A&P/IA if desired.

I can help. KMMU my base. My contact info in member list

Also in the Northern NJ/Bergen County area and fly out of MMU. Happy to be an extra set of hands if anyone needs it. I don't have any space to offer since I'm already maxed out myself. :)

As someone with delivered QB Fuse and Wings in an LCP hold, I truly appreciate the spirit of this thread.

Thanks guys!

Central California. Modesto/Tracy area to be specific but can get around a little bit since I have a flying RV. I miss building. Be glad to help someone, and possibly could bring another experienced builder with me.

Leesburg, FL area

I can help whatever you need. Could probably also get some fellow EAA members to help also.

Mike Hage - President EAA534, Leesburg, FL

Located in Joseph, Oregon but can help as far out as La Grande or Lewiston/Clarkston area.

EAA Chapters

I can help whatever you need. Could probably also get some fellow EAA members to help also.

Mike Hage - President EAA534, Leesburg, FL

That is an awesome idea. EAA Chapters. Reach out and join the local chapter. Not everyone is aware of the issue.

KIDA. Idaho Falls, ID

I’m willing to help. Could squeeze some airplane parts into hangar for rework. Have tools; only used to build ONE airplane.

Southeast Idaho

I'm not an expert but went through one -7A build and happy to help. I'm in Cameron Park, CA near Sacramento.

Wichita, KS

Able to help and still have most tools from building. My airport, 3AU in Augusta, KS is getting a new runway and will be shut down for at least half of 2024. I'm relocating my RV during that time but keeping an empty (unheated) hangar, so there's even space available to store parts (no flying in/out during the runway construction, however).

Back