What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How did you engrave your ss data plate?

KitfoxJoe

Hello all
Just received my eaa ss data plate and was wondering how to engrave it? How did you do yours? Thanks Joe

Engrave

I got mine done at some store at the mall. I think it is called "Things Remembered". Pretty sure they are at malls nationwide. They did a nice job.

Trophy Shop

I have one of those stainless steel plates which is not easy to engrave. A local trophy shop did mine for a very reasonable price. Had to do it over because my name didn't exactly match my registration paper. (John R Powell vs Powell, John R)The DAR said everything has to match exactly to satisfy the FAA. John

I had mine done at a trophy shop but a month later a buddy was refused because it was ss.

I stamped mine using sledge and steel letter stamp set. Wasted first plate. Won't do it again. Next to impossible to line numbers/letters up. Outsource to a shop.

The builder of my RV6 had a local trophy shop do the engraving. Only the bare essential fields were filled out. The unnecessary fields were left blank.

I bought the metal stamps but they were to big. Called all the trophy shops at the end of little leage season and they were all too busy. I had two plates so I decided I would engrave the first one myself and get the second done later when I had more time. I printed the right size text out in Microsoft Word then taped it on the plate for a guide. Engraved with a cheap engraver from Walmart. Practiced a lot before I did the plate. It doesnt look bad and my plane flys just fine. I think I will just keep it.

Laser cutter/engraver

I did mine on the laser cutter. With the right settings it does s great job. Custom icon, lettering how I wanted, etc.

I got mine done at some store at the mall. I think it is called "Things Remembered". Pretty sure they are at malls nationwide. They did a nice job.

I just remembered! I used Things Remembered too!

It was cheap and they did a great job!

I had to google and find the closest store though. Not the kind of place that we normally frequent... Being hetero and all! Lol

;) CJ

I stamped mine using sledge and steel letter stamp set. Wasted first plate. Won't do it again. Next to impossible to line numbers/letters up. Outsource to a shop.

adds character the way you did it

I just remembered! I used Things Remembered too!

It was cheap and they did a great job!

I had to google and find the closest store though. Not the kind of place that we normally frequent... Being hetero and all! Lol

;) CJ

Well I'll be dipped, I'm at this same point and it so happens I've got a Things Remembered store at the local mall too. Guess I'll be going to see them!

Back