What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HFS - Where I've Been (If you care)

HFS

Well Known Member
I had back surgery (titanium screws, rods, fusing, disc replacement) on the 6th of November and have been fighting complications ever since - which has kept me (I think) from fulfilling some requests for my EZ-COWL tool.

For those of you that I may have left in limbo, just PM me and I'll try to get back on track.

Thank you - HFS

YMMV - but Steve Austin ain't got nothin' on me!

So sorry to hear about the complications. I'm sure it's not fun. Hang in there. You make good stuff. :)

Vic

EZ-brittle

Ouch. I'm glad you're on the mend. Be well David.
I have some Titanium and screws too. 12mm rod from knee to ankle.

David - What we all want to know of course, is did you personally test the tensile strength of the Titanium screws before installation, and what rig did you build to do it with? You are not only a great candy supplier, but our engineering support division!

I’m going to need you around as we tackle the Rocket - see you soon.

Paul

Last edited:
WOW----Sorry to hear that, hope all goes smoothly from here on out, and you are back in the shop ASAP.

Winner Winner - Chicken Dinner!

Larry - Your 12mm rod trumps my little screws & rods! But me x-ray looks so "gruesome", I don't even show it to little kids or little old ladies for fear of repercussions ...

Walt - Never fear, the "Candy Kitchen" is always open - just a bit more deliberate in its ops now. But if you are still on the "List", you're good to go!

Paul - Didn't have time to pretest my "hardware", didn't know exactly what I was getting until the after action "report". Yikes! But I am back in the shop (walker and all) working on some mods for a real cheap (read <$250) TIG welder I bought off Amazon - so low cost I couldn't resist it, if for no other reason than an "experiment". If anyone is interested, I'll report back after mods & testing are complete.

EZ-COWL - Sent one out yesterday to AR, but still think I may be one (or so) behind.

YMMV - But all the above is true.

HFS

David, I know you are a fellow hardware junkie, but nobody wants it like that! Get well.
Always a delight to hear from you!

Wow, glad you are up and about. I was just thinking about your EZ Cowl tool the other day. Its going to be a couple of years probably, but eventually I'll need one.

David, get well soon! I still have plans to visit and want you at full speed!

And BTW, the EZ Cowl I have is brilliant, used it on two cowls so far ... and the Adel clamp clamp, and the Oil Filter Drain kit and the ... ! Of course there's peanut brittle too

Happy Holidays!

Bill

Understood! I had five level spinal fusion, L1-L5 -- never could find out if it was stainless or titanium -- and surgery to first time in the airplane (with a CFI, of course, and glad he was along) was eight months.

Suggestion -- keep a log of your activities, so that you can see the progress you're making.

I was grateful that the technology existed, and that I had access to it.

Have a great attitude and a Merry Christmas!

Ed

...I am back in the shop (walker and all) working on some mods for a real cheap (read <$250) TIG welder I bought off Amazon - so low cost I couldn't resist it, if for no other reason than an "experiment". If anyone is interested, I'll report back after mods & testing are complete.
Definitely, keep us posted! I'm interested.

Managed to only "lightly" crush vertebrae and didn't need any hardware installed... But i'd guess the pain, recovery time, and general nuisance are similar either way. It's a process.

Vic doesn’t miss much. With all that hardware, I’m surprised he didn’t ask you if your nuts were tight…:D

Back