What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with a Dimension?

JLuckey

I need the dimension shown in the attached photo. It's the width of the elevator servo/bell-crank mounting plate in the tail cone of an RV-14.

I am making a base plate for a battery mount that will go just forward of that plate and it needs to bolt to the flanges of the 2 longerons, just like the servo & elevator bell-crank plate. The airplane is 300 miles away and no one is around to take the measurement for me.

Could someone who has their tail cone open throw a tape measure on there for me?

TIA

PS - I also need the width of the flanges.

Attachments

• StringerDimension_RV14_tail.jpg
    StringerDimension_RV14_tail.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Agreed

Have you considered the W&B implications of that move? The -14 usually needs forward weight?

I'd be also "thoughtful" of a W&B issue. If you are using a non-composite prop and dual alternator's along with an Earth-X battery in the rear probably ok. For sure no A/C. I'm not sure I have seen anyone place a battery in the tail cone of a 14. That's ok, most who want a second battery place it on the firewall. For sure a 390 on the nose. It's easy to get a 14 aft heavy with luggage.

Back