What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Vertical Power Develop New Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see there is a draft manual and drawing on the website under 'documents'.

I'm hoping by Sun N Fun to have the engine compartment complete. I wonder if I should 'jerry rig' things up and wait for Sun'N'Fun. Looking for any real world testers?

Please don't use the draft manual for any pre-installation usage. Most of the info in there will be updated, including dimensions and mounting holes for the unit.

I have a list of beta testers, but please contact me through email or PM for further info.

I spoke with the folks at the Vertical Power/Astronics booth at Sun n Fun about their new Primary Power System Product. Below are pictures of both sides of the handout flyer. Looks like a nice robust product. The design has evolved from what is seen at the beginning of this thread. More information on the product is supposed to be loaded onto the website in the next few months. Just thought I would pass this along for folks that couldn't make it to the Airshow and were interested.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/kman1015/IMG_0306_zpsgumg5gft.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/kman1015/IMG_0307_zpsxcetiyo4.jpg

I couldn't find their booth. How small was it?

In the Vans world, how many people have their batteries on the outside firewall? I hope they change the design and have the battery leads on both the inside and outside, since most new installs have the batteries on the inside on the firewall. Having battery leads on both sides of the box will give the most flexibility and satisfy both people with their batteries inside or outside (or even 1 main inside / 1 aux outside). Just my 3 cents..

In the Vans world, how many people have their batteries on the outside firewall? I hope they change the design and have the battery leads on both the inside and outside, since most new installs have the batteries on the inside on the firewall. Having battery leads on both sides of the box will give the most flexibility and satisfy both people with their batteries inside or outside (or even 1 main inside / 1 aux outside). Just my 3 cents..

The flyer is on my desk at work but my best guess is 4"-5" x 11"-12". They haven't gone into production yet so you might want to contact them with your feedback and see how responsive they are.

It does have it....

The mock up at the show does not have battery hookup access from either side...but the PPS can be mounted on the interior side. The Main Bus Out lug is available on either side of the unit is a cover that is provided for the Bus lug that is not being used. At least that is how Jeff explained it when we spoke at the show. The unit can be mounted on the inside where ever you need to put it...it doesn't have to be mounted on the firewall. The booth was the same size as last year...it was exactly where the SnF guide said it was...D079:)

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you who stopped by the booth at Sun N Fun...D77 (not D79 ;) )

I'd like to ask that this thread be closed since the new product has been officially launched. I will start a new thread with new info and pics for discussion.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back