What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hand controls needed, please help.

What is the standing in the proposed change under 360 cubes no more medical? There was much discussion on this topic, rumor has it AOPA stated it was moving forward. Anyone? :)

Sad to say, the FAA is not going to allow me to renew my medical. So my plane is for sale. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying that. Contact me for details. IFR bird, Barrett IO320, constant speed MT three blade prop. Cover of GA news last September, Vans calendar this past September. Full AFS 4500 and 3400 glass panel, garmin 430 Waas, gtx 327, SL40 2nd comm, pma9000ex audio panel Pro Pilot auto pilot. Bruce custom canopy cover. Fresh annual. approximately 390 TT. First flight was January 2011. [email protected]
I haven't figured a price yet, sorry. I'll think on it.

Greg,

Hopefully a special issuance medical is still possible for your situation. We all have to realize however that there are certain things they won't budge on like certain medications (even regular use of certain over the counter ones), physical and mental ailments, and various "symptoms".

I have heard that sometimes they will deny you based on your current situation and not tell you that if you get off of "X" for so long or don't have "Y" for 6 months etc. that you might be able to get a SI. This is where you need the help of an advocate that knows what it is they are looking for because you can guess your life away and get denied time and time again.

Maybe you have already talked to someone about it I don't know but if you have not, don't give up yet!

What a bummer!

I was just thinking about your airplane and your situation the other day. Man, what a bummer! With the thread running elsewhere in these forums about a 7A tip-up going over on its back, your 9A slider may be worth more than you think!

I really do hope first of all, that your medical condition improves to the point that you are able to enjoy your family and enjoy life in general.

Best wishes to you, Greg.

Greg, just a thought before you commit to selling your plane. Obviously flying means a lot to you and presumably your family understands this.

What are the chances of your missus getting her PPL to allow you to keep flying in your handcrafted plane? That the co-pilots side just happens to have modified controls is irrelevant if you're not PIC?

What is the standing in the proposed change under 360 cubes no more medical? There was much discussion on this topic, rumor has it AOPA stated it was moving forward. Anyone? :)

The Intell I have heard over the past year is not good. It seems that the FAA finally learned that the easiest thing to do with input like this is to tell the pilot community that they are looking in to it. As long as they are "looking in to it", they don't have to give a final answer. Of course, they will consult their experts - the AME community. Then eventually, they will give an answer.

Like I said, the Intell I have heard is that I wouldn't plan my life around a change.

Don't sell! don't give up, fight back! there is always a way, don't want to pry, and only if you are ok with, what was there main reason for denial?

Agreed! There's a chapter in "Practical Aviation Law" you should read if you haven't already.

Back