What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Governor orientation

Swingwing

I installed my rear MT governor and what to confirm it is on correctly. It fits on the engine as shown in the picture or it could be rotated 180 degrees. Looking at the oil holes in the base I believe it should work either way. Am I interpreting this correctly?

IMG-8500.jpg

IF (big f'ing disclaimer) it is like other govs of similar design, you loosen the screws on the top and the mechanism/interfacing hardware rotates within the body. Check that install manual or call MT but it certainly looks like the other products in the market.

Cable control bracket should be reversed with the cable tab towards the firewall. You would probably be mounting the bracket using the 5/7/9 o'clock screw positions.

IF (big f'ing disclaimer) it is like other govs of similar design, you loosen the screws on the top and the mechanism/interfacing hardware rotates within the body. Check that install manual or call MT but it certainly looks like the other products in the market.

You are correct loosening the top screws of an MT governor allows you to rotate the lever arm. I didn't word my question well. The govener can bolt to the engine (at the four bolts) in two different positions. I don't think it matters what way it bolts to the engine but I'm not 100% sure. It is not called out in the MT installation instructions.

Last edited:
Cable control bracket should be reversed with the cable tab towards the firewall. You would probably be mounting the bracket using the 5/7/9 o'clock screw positions.

Ralph,
I believe I have it correct. The bracket is designed so the cable passes through it. This allows for a larger radius sweep of the cable from the firewall penetration. Here is a picture of another install

govenor.jpg

Back