What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX 375: No Garmin Connext option in System menu after upgrade

ArjanPlomp

Hi all,

Maybe someone has experienced this:
- I upgraded the GNX 375 software to 3.21 (so it would cross talk and share flight plans with my 750Xi).
- I flew and noticed that my iPad was not showing traffic (the 375 and 750 were).
- So I wanted to check the Connext settings
- The Garmin Connext menu is no longer there! (under systems), so I cannot connect any bluetooth device. It was still auto connecting to my iPad until I turned bluetooth off and back on (hoping that that would solve it) in configuration mode: that apparently reset the entire bluetooth module. There is also no option in configuration mode to re-enable Garmin Connext. Very strange.

I am searching for a link to go back to a previous version of the firmware, but cannot find one.

Called Garmin, but they could not help over the weekend and I have a long flight first thing Monday morning.
Any suggestions?

Please let us know how you go.
I updated my 355 last year but have never been able to get the crossfill to the GTN to work.
I haven’t invested too much time troubleshooting it so far but would love to know if anyone has managed to get a GTN and a GNC/GNX to crossfill.

Cross fill with the GTN 750XI works fine (20.30) and the GNX 375 at version 3.21. Just that now my Garmin Connext menu option has disappeared under System settings.....

Connext did work for a bit (without the menu option available: it just did the auto reconnect) until I disabled and then re enabled blue tooth in configuration mode.

Cross fill with the GTN 750XI works fine (20.30) and the GNX 375 at version 3.21. Just that now my Garmin Connext menu option has disappeared under System settings.....

Connext did work for a bit (without the menu option available: it just did the auto reconnect) until I disabled and then re enabled blue tooth in configuration mode.

Thanks VM. Good to know.
I have all the latest software installed. I’ll review my configurations.

I have the 375 with 3.21 and connext works fine except for one issue WRT BT connections for 3 devices simultaneously with auto connect enabled for all three in which case it gets confused and does not connect all the devices and seems to connect in a random order. Works reliably with 2 devices paired.

have you tried re-downloading and reinstalling 3.21?
Figs

I just solved most of it. On the 375, I had set Cross Fill to '750Xi.' Strangely enough, when I changed that to '375', the Garmin Connext option came back and it all works again. Except: it is not showing traffic in Foreflight anymore (but still fine on the 375 and 750Xi).

Regarding bluetooth devices: I believe the manual states that a maximum of 2 is supported.

I have had issues with traffic in foreflight since the install of my 375 in April. It was installed with 3.20 and now running 3.21. I filed a bug with foreflight and they vaguely confirmed it was an issue on their side and had me collect logs from the 375 and from foreflight.

Oddly, other ADS-B products like radar and cloud layers work fine in foreflight from the 375, but traffic has never worked. Traffic shows up fine in the garmin pilot app.

Interesting. Traffic worked fine from my GNX 375 to Foreflight prior (I believe the release before 3.12) to the upgrade (3.21).

I just solved most of it. On the 375, I had set Cross Fill to '750Xi.' Strangely enough, when I changed that to '375', the Garmin Connext option came back and it all works again. Except: it is not showing traffic in Foreflight anymore (but still fine on the 375 and 750Xi).

Regarding bluetooth devices: I believe the manual states that a maximum of 2 is supported.

The 375 install guide says the unit can support 3 devices simultaneously (page 7-39), the pilots guide says 2 devices simultaneously (page 2-14). I have had 3 devices (iPhone, iPad, Aera 760) connected and working but it is not reliable and seems to depend on which order the devices link which is not selectable. I tend to fly locally with just the iPhone and IFR/Cross country with the iPad so it would be nice to auto connext to whichever devices are in the cockpit. Not a big deal as it is just a couple of touches to connect a specific pre paired device.
Figs

Back