What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin's New Flight Stream 510

jeffsvan

Well Known Member
Garmin's new Flight Stream 510
"enables sharing of flight traffic and weather"

Will this instrument interface in any way with a GDL39 ADS-B antenna?

I've been waiting for some announcement from Garmin on how all of this new stuff is going to integrate with the G3X line.

It seems like the new handheld has a number of features that would be really nice in the G3X (remote chart download) and I would think/hope(?) that with the GDL39 interface and G3X bluetooth they could accomplish the same integration without the need for another piece of hardware.

I love the advances that Garmin has made with the new firmware updates in the last year, but I'm also really intrigued by what (might) be coming.

It is frustrating that they don't announce what they are working on with the EXP stuff until it is ready to go. I understand why, but it is still frustrating :).

-Dan

All of this is also making me rethink using Foreflight.

I did the 30 day trial of Garmin Pilot this summer, used it for about 20 hours of flying (I flew a lot in July, not Vlad level, but still). It has come a long way.

I still prefer Foreflight, but not by much, and if they add some of the integration that I "think" they have to be considering it will easily push me towards Garmin Pilot.

I guess I'll just have to (not so patiently) wait and see what they are planning.

Just with they would explain how the new FlightStream 510 does or doesn't fit into the exp equipment with a GTN 650.

Also, would be nice if the download concierge worked with the g3X!

-Dan

Back