What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Virb Ultra 30 + G3X Touch + GMA245 Audio Panel ... What am I missing?

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
I'm trying to get audio to my Virb Ultra 30 video from the GMA245.

I think my issue has something to do with my phone being paired.

I have successfully paired the Virb but for whatever reason still can't seem to get the audio to the videos.

I'm sure it's something simple, I know it can be done, at least Garmin says it can be done. I'm trying to avoid the extra cables to the headset jacks if I can.

Thanks for any help!

o1N.png

Last edited:
I'm trying to get audio to my Virb Ultra 30 video from the GMA245.

I think my issue has something to do with my phone being paired.

I have successfully paired the Virb but for whatever reason still can't seem to get the audio to the videos.

I'm sure it's something simple, I know it can be done, at least Garmin says it can be done. I'm trying to avoid the extra cables to the headset jacks if I can.

Thanks for any help!
Hello Brian,

There is only a single Bluetooth link on the GMA 245, so you have to pick either your phone or your camera, but not both at the same time.

We make every test flight (in 2 airplanes) with the Virb Ultra 30 Bluetooth linked to the GMA 245 and it never fails to automatically re-connect and record the audio. Make sure to select External Microphone on the camera.

Thanks,
Steve

There is only a single Bluetooth link on the GMA 245, so you have to pick either your phone or your camera, but not both at the same time.

Ahh ... this sounds like my issue ... okay, thanks! I'll give it a go next flight :D

Back