What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot - Version 8.5

BCP Boys

Well Known Member
Once Garmin comes through with some very nice features for the Garmin Pilot on the latest major release, Version 8.5. NICE JOB GARMIN PILOT TEAM ;)
Features like Wight & Balance, Checklist, Advanced Performance Data, Freehand flight planing, and ability to share flight plan, checklists, aircraft and weight & balance information is really great. I'm particularly interested in the last feature, the ability to share information like Checklists, Weight & Balance, and Aircraft information. This means that once one of us builds a "template" for our RV, others can copy that data in to their Pilot app and simply edit it to fit their needs. For example, I started working on a checklist which took me about 30 minutes to fiddle with. I thought to myself, why can I either share my checklist with others that own RV-7 (or 6,8,9,) or even download someone else's checklist that may have a better list than I do. Weight and balance info can also be shared. Garmin has included some baseline templates for popular GA planes like Cessna, Piper, etc. but there are no templates for any RVs.

I have 2 questions around this:

1. Can we have a "sticky" or somewhere with directions on how we can share these templates with other pilots?

2. Is anyone from Garmin Team X (especially the ones who fly RVs) plan to provide any updated templates within the app for RVs? (yes I know I should ask the Garmin forum but I thought I would ask here since these guys are always on this forum :D )

Rv8 weight and balance

Hi,
Been tinkering with the Garmin new weight and balance, has anyone created a template to share that can be imported from the app similar to options like the Cessna 172?

Back