What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GA56 Antenna Mount

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
We don't have XM over here but I want to mount my GA56 antenna under the cowling.

Does anyone have a template that I can use please.

I know I could fold one out of card but all you helpful chaps and chapesses out there will surely have done one before me :D

If anyone can help, please email

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi John, saw that which prompted me to ask about the plain mount for the GA56. I don't think I have that much space left on the firewall for your mount but the GA56 only in CAD would be perfect. Email should be under my profile - thanks.

We won't get XM ever - wrong part of the planet so they say, we get digital radio instead - good but none of the add ons that XM has :(

Last edited:
Mike - sorry for the slow response. I've been tied up the last few days. Didn't realize you were not in North America.

I will put something together this week if you don't mind waiting a couple of days.

John

Bubblehead - thanks, I'm a very patient person :D

Bigginsking - thanks, I have a tip up and don't want the cable getting in the way, but a neat solution for the 8.

This isn't very sophisticated, but it works just fine. I made a mount out of 2 .063 angles and a base plate. Using an adel clamp on the motor mount made it very solid. Took about 2 hours to do.

Back