What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Flat Rate Repair

rph142

Well Known Member
I think I fried my gnc355. I washed the plane yesterday and took it for a quick flight to dry it off. 15 minutes into the flight the VPX annunciated “GNC355 Short”. After landing I pulled the unit and discovered water dripped inside from the quarter turn latch mechanism. I opened the box, blew out the residual moisture and tried powering it up again. No luck.

Has anyone used the garmin flat rate repair policy? It’s going to be $1650 per their website. Is this all inclusive? Ugh I need to revisit my tip up seal.

The Garmin fixed price repair policy is just that, you pay the flat rate no matter what is wrong - as long as it is repairable.
There may be shipping charges on top.
If it is not repairable you may be charged the exchange price (around $2000).
Talk to your local Garmin dealer, he may be able to offer a discount on that price.

I used it when my avionics were potentially smoke damaged. My understanding at the time was that there were no discounts, nor any limits on damage to the unit. Your mileage will probably vary...

Back