What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Database prices

edneff

Well Known Member
In June I purchased a one year subscription for Nav Data only for my GTN650, because my old one expired. I paid the going rate on the website flygarmin, which was $465.00 USD (Part Number: JSGTN-US)

Then today I got an email from Garmin headlined Oshkosh Airventure with a link to "Save on Databases".... Naturally I clicked on it and read this:

For example, U.S. coverage of the new Garmin Navigation Database starts at $129 for a single update and $299 for an annual subscription for the GTN 650/750 touchscreen series and GNS 430W/530W navigators.

So I went back to flygarmin and nowhere could I find a $299 price for the GTN650 Nav Database...

Can anyone on here enlighten me as to what they are talking about with the $299 price? Or where to get it?

Do a VAF search on "Garmin database" and you'll find the thread, posted by the Garmin rep, which tells you how to find it on their web site. It is new so it may not be fully integrated into their search engine. Difference is the old one came from Jepp, new one from Garmin. Someone else reported that he called Garmin, got a pro-rated refund on his Jepp database with the purchase of the Garmin one. You may need a new $70 card reader with the new database.
I'm curious to see how Jepp reacts. It would be nice to have competition for our business.

Last edited:
could not find referenced thread, but thanks.
And I will call them to see if can get a pro rata refund but first I want to find out how to get that price.
I'll wait for G3Xpert to check in.

Push 'search' at the top of this page.
Type " Garmin database" (no quotes) into the box, push "go".
It is the second thread that comes up, right after this one.

Back