What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 3D Models -- Where?

Well Known Member
I have a sneaking feeling that I'm going to find what I'm looking for just after submitting this thread, or get an answer that makes me slap my forehead, but here goes:

I've read here and in other places that Garmin supplies 3D digital models for its avionics, but for the life of me I can't find it--using Garmin's web site, their internal search engine, and external search engines, not to mention searching on VAF, I can't find these.

Can anyone take pity on me and tell me where I might find them?

OK, so as I feared, I found some of what I'm looking for after posting this--I found the GDU displays so far...

I still can't find models for the GTN series navigators and some other pieces. Any help there? Maybe they don't exist for the GTNs?

They're out there

This maybe isn't helpful, but I have the full set of models (GTN, G3X, G5) on my panel layout for Solidworks, so I know they were out there once. I'm looking around to see if I can figure out where I got them from.

Edit: Found them - They are at this page (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNumber=010-01057-00&tab=manuals). You have to download the whole G3X system, and then the .step files for all of the sub-components (including some of the GTN units) are in the .zip.

Last edited:
Well, OK, I guess I'm an idiot--from the G3X page, when you download the CAD file, you get a .zip with *all* the CAD files, including the GTN series.

I was expecting to see files individually for each device rather than one huge file.

OOOOPs.

This maybe isn't helpful, but I have the full set of models (GTN, G3X, G5) on my panel layout for Solidworks, so I know they were out there once. I'm looking around to see if I can figure out where I got them from.

Edit: Found them - They are at this page (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNumber=010-01057-00&tab=manuals). You have to download the whole G3X system, and then the .step files for all of the sub-components (including some of the GTN units) are in the .zip.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I was looking for one thing, and missed the fact it was hiding in plain sight looking like something else.

Back