What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X voltage sensor

azonic75

Well Known Member
I'm an electrical dummy. Where do the "voltage sensor" wires on the G3X get hooked up to? I know bus voltage can be sensed without hooking these up but I'd like to monitor my ess bus voltage.

Kai

I'm assuming your essential bus is where your G3X is getting its power, once you power it up the voltage can be configured to read voltage from its power wire. There is also a main bus voltage pin/wire you can connect to whatever bus you want to read the voltage from as a second voltmeter. I hooked the main bus voltage wire to the main lug on my ATC fuse block.

Last edited:
I had the same question. SteinAir (Dave Holtorf) wired my panel and he provided a small wire (shielded) labeled "main voltage". Here is where Christer told me to hook it in to the system.

"The main volts can be connected to the main buss or alternatively the
output of the main contractor. Electrically they are the same. It should be
connected with a 1 amp inline fuse to protect the wire."

There are several connections what require that 1 amp fuse inline on the firewall. I really don't like these as they are hard to access, don't lend themselves to tidy installation, and introduce a mechanical connection in that electrical path. I will be using blade fuses as they have better contact than the cartridge type.

I hope this helps.

G3X Bus Monitoring

I'm an electrical dummy. Where do the "voltage sensor" wires on the G3X get hooked up to? I know bus voltage can be sensed without hooking these up but I'd like to monitor my ess bus voltage.

Kai

Hello Kai,

As explained in section 18.3.2.16 of the Rev. L G3X Installation Manual, you have multiple ways to measure and display the primary and essential bus voltage.

These methods vary from connecting wires from these buses to dedicated pins on the GEA24 or GSU73, to configuring these devices to monitor and report the voltage on their Power 1 and Power 2 pins.

I see you have requested help through the G3Xpert inbox and we will make sure you get this sorted out.

Thanks,
Steve

Back