What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X compatibility

kswanson

Starting into my panel upgrade to a three screen g3x install. Currently installed the first PFD and wired up rs232 to gdl50 and gnc250xl in hopes to at the very least be able to send frequencies to the GNC and grab traffic on g3x. Does Anybody know if these old GNC250xl units are compatible with g3x?

Last edited:
Installation manual for the G3X (Revision AN) indicates the only one not compatible is the GTX320)

See attached image extracted from the manual.

Attachments

• 4FF3DFEF-BFA6-441A-8280-43DF3FFE7352.jpg
    4FF3DFEF-BFA6-441A-8280-43DF3FFE7352.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 53
I know it will work with the GTX327. I was mostly wondering about the frequency transfer to the outdated GNC250xl. After sleeping on it however, skipping the GNC hook up all together and wiring in the area660 for flight plan transfer sounds like a better route.

Edit: After chatting with g3xexpert on the topic I found that neither the GDL50 or Aera 660 are backwards compatible with the GDU 37X series G3X units. I still haven't received an answer on frequency transfer to the GNC250xl however. The manual states g3x compatibility with "GNC series" but nothing more on the topic. I do not use the GNC for navigation so if I cannot add some type of functionality between it and the g3x it may be time to put a perfectly functional nav/com out to pasture.

Last edited:
Back