What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pump overflow rv14 exp

Dan Ruehl

I'm New Here
Any advice for getting the fuel pump overflow tube out of the bottom cowl for an io390 exp taildragger?
Drilling a hole through the cowl seems the best option but looking to see what others have done.
Thanks,
Dan

Maybe a hole thru the tunnel cover so each time you don't have to remove and refit the line.

Any advice for getting the fuel pump overflow tube out of the bottom cowl for an io390 exp taildragger?
Drilling a hole through the cowl seems the best option but looking to see what others have done.
Thanks,
Dan
Next to the gear leg, at the upper intersection fairing, or if you're concerned about fuel going down the leg and hitting a hot brake, make a hole in upper intersection fairing such that it vents outside the leg fairing.

Its my understanding that the only time fuel comes out this line is if the fuel pump has issues.Is this correct?

Thanks,
Dan

I routed the three required overflow pipes from the EXP119 through the front edge of the F-14190A TUNNEL COVER. It keeps things away from the exhausts and allows for easier lower cowl removal.

Seems to work fine so far … 80 hrs.

Attachments

• IMG_9300.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9299.jpg
    IMG_9299.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 132
If the exit tube is kept short then a leak will show up as blue dye on the fuselage. If the tube is longer then it may not be so obvious that the pump has developed a leak... until the second diaphragm fails.

Thanks all..
I like what Steve has done, but I’m limiting it to the sniffle and overflow. I appreciate all the responses!

Back