What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pick-up Anti Rotation Bracket?

jsharkey

Well Known Member
I'm finishing off the tanks before fitting the wings and am installing the fuel pick-up tubes with their associated anti rotation brackets and wired nuts per the service bulletins.

The drawing shows a hole in the bracket for the AN fitting which means you have to permanently install the fitting and bracket as an assembly.

Has anyone made slotted or forked brackets? That would enable the fitting to be installed after the bracket and be replaced if needed. It will still provide anti rotation and the fitting will be held axially by the safety wire needed to secure the pick-up tube nut.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 Tip-up - getting there!

EZ Lube?

Anyone successfully use EZ Lube on the tank cover plate and sender screws? Also would it work on the cork gasket?

Jim

Slotted bracket

I'm finishing off the tanks before fitting the wings and am installing the fuel pick-up tubes with their associated anti rotation brackets and wired nuts per the service bulletins.

The drawing shows a hole in the bracket for the AN fitting which means you have to permanently install the fitting and bracket as an assembly.

Has anyone made slotted or forked brackets? That would enable the fitting to be installed after the bracket and be replaced if needed. It will still provide anti rotation and the fitting will be held axially by the safety wire needed to secure the pick-up tube nut.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 Tip-up - getting there!

I slotted my bracket for ease of assembly and repair. Don't see any issues with slotting.

I did...

Anyone successfully use EZ Lube on the tank cover plate and sender screws? Also would it work on the cork gasket?
Jim
I had originally ProSealed both the Sender and cover plate in place - then the Van's SB came out to safety wire the pickup tube bolt. I removed the cover plate (wings not yet installed) and when I re-installed it, I used a cork gasket and EZ Lube (the senders are still prosealed). Removing the prosealed cover plate with the wings off wasn't too tough, but would be a lot tougher once the wings are on. I just finished Phase 1 and no leaks...

I just finished Phase 1 and no leaks...

Give it time.

All of the different sealing options work from the start.
I predict you will be fixing leaks after a couple of years.

(not meaning to sound flippant, I just try and talk RV builders out of
sealing there tanks in this manner...it's a lot more fun to fly than repair leaks)

Back