What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying into Bellingham

Treekiwi

OK, I know this is in Washington, but thought Oregon folks might have some info.
We're thinking of flying into Bellingham this month to visit friends.
How busy/bad/expensive is KBLI to fly into?
Any satellite airport any better?
Any tips welcomed.
Cheers
Stephen

OK, I know this is in Washington, but thought Oregon folks might have some info.
We're thinking of flying into Bellingham this month to visit friends.
How busy/bad/expensive is KBLI to fly into?
Any satellite airport any better?
Any tips welcomed.
Cheers
Stephen
I flew in there last month in a Falcon Jet. It was a very easy place to fly into. Not busy, and very friendly.

Been there several times - not busy. There is an overnight ramp fee - call the FBO for details.

We flew in and drove to our nephew’s graduation in Vancouver, BC in May. Super easy to get in, we were on FF and flew up over the water just west of Seattle under the Bravo @ 1,200’ due to a broken deck (Beautiful!). Make sure you can report your position when switching tower using a VFR checkpoint vice radial / distance, that is what they expect. BAS was very nice, easy walk to the terminal to pick up our Avis rental. They have a small hangar that might be available, takes a call to the MX boss to verify so ask ahead of time on a weekday. Prices typical for a bigger airport, but the convenience was worth it for us.

We flew in and drove to our nephew’s graduation in Vancouver, BC in May. Super easy to get in, we were on FF and flew up over the water just west of Seattle under the Bravo @ 1,200’ due to a broken deck (Beautiful!). Make sure you can report your position when switching tower using a VFR checkpoint vice radial / distance, that is what they expect. BAS was very nice, easy walk to the terminal to pick up our Avis rental. They have a small hangar that might be available, takes a call to the MX boss to verify so ask ahead of time on a weekday. Prices typical for a bigger airport, but the convenience was worth it for us.
Thanks so much, great info.

Back