What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flyboy Jack Point Question

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
I installed the Jack Points on my RV 7A recently. My left wheel jack point is a very tight fit at the wheel strut and I lack about 1/32" getting the 1/4" bolt aligned enough to slip through the boss assembly. I'm considering drilling out the 1/4" boss hole (assembly bolted to the axle, not the lifting arm) slightly to allow alignment enough to get the bolt through.

The right side Jack point slips through easily. Has anyone experienced this situation with the Jack Points and see slight drilling out of the bore to be an issue with strength for lifting the (roughly) 500# on the left side of my RV 7A?

Thanks,

Jackpoint fit.

Sometimes the jackpoint mount itself needs to be shimmed out a bit by adding one standard washer to the supplied bushings just on the inside of your wheel pant bracket. That moves the arm just that amount to clear your gear leg.

I went ahead and drilled it out slightly. I bought a 1/4" clevis pin and it slides right in snuggly...jacked it up with my scissor jack and all went fine.

Thanks for the post..

Back