What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight of N37JP

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Well today it finally happened! It was cold as heck and the wind was brisk down Runway 28 at NY0. Decided I would fly anyway even though conditions were less than ideal. The climb out was spectacular with the cold air and wind down the runway.

Flew around for a while at 4000' over the airport. Tried some slow flight and approaches to stalls. The landing was easy even in the gusty conditions.

Read more in my blog entry for today. I have a few issues to address tomorrow before a second flight.

Thanks to all the VAF'ers who helped me through my first build over the past 26 months. Especially those early guys, when we were all learning together. You know who you are!

Good Job

It was cold as heck

John, guys like us have to wear caps! Saw your blog (thx Marty)...congrats!

Pete

Congratulations John

Congratulations John
I hope you will be flying at 100
I added your photos to the RV builder List
www.rvbuilderlist.com
If you want to change any thing send me a email and I will send you your ID & Password

Thanks

Congratulations, John, you are one of my mentors through your informative builder's log. Now I know that your log will take me to the first flight of N41JP... and hopefully beyond!

Congratulations John, your plane looks great. Thanks for all the information you have provided us with your builders website.

Congratulations John

Have been following your build blog and have learned a lot from you. Appreciate that you published your build and, like other pioneers, I hope that you will leave up your blog for those who follow to use. Thanks again, your RV-12 looks great.:cool:

Well Done John!

Didn't sound like the perfect test flight day, but you and the -12 can handle it. Good job!

Congratulation, John!

N37JP looks just great! I met you about a year ago when we were both standing in Vans lobby during your visit to Oregon. I think we both wrote a pretty good size check that day...lol.

Carrie and I have over 200 hours on N124CS now and you'll be joining the 200 club in no time at all. I had to smile at the snow in the picture in Gloversville, today. It is actually snowing here in Jefferson, OR tonight.

Enjoy your 12...it will surely provide you with lots of great adventures.

Jay Sluiter
N124CS
Jefferson, OR (S12)

Back