What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Re-Order Price Increase: When are Additional Deposit Funds Due?

MJarreau

Well Known Member
Please limit the comments on this thread to replies to this original post. I'd be grateful if opinions regarding integrity, ethics, venting, and others were placed elsewhere.

In another thread there is a statement regarding renewal of orders at the new pricing.

If you accept the new terms on an engine or prop, they are not asking you to send in more money, at least not until Lycoming is actually building your engine.

Will you cite the source of this information, please?

Full disclosure: We've got an engine deposit on a Thunderbolt 540, order placed February 2022.

Mike

Not sure what source I can provide if I understand the post here, but I accepted my new terms last night and it stated no additional funds are due now in the disclosure.

No additional deposit required. Full payment is due when engine moves to within 60 days of being built.
Payment.jpg

Stigaro,

Thanks for the reply. I'll review our documentation again.

Our deposit was less than 25% - I have no idea how that happened, it was 2 years ago.

Do you know if your post relates to deposits? That is, are they anticipating additional up front money from us?

Best regards,
Mike

Stigaro,

Thanks for the reply. I'll review our documentation again.

Our deposit was less than 25% - I have no idea how that happened, it was 2 years ago.

Do you know if your post relates to deposits? That is, are they anticipating additional up front money from us?

Best regards,
Mike
No additional monies required at this point until engine goes to production. I guess we’ll be notified when that happens. They must be hoping to ship engines soon based on the fact that Vans isn’t making any money off us until that happens.

No idea how you were able to put down less than 25% but a lot of people would have been interested in that arrangement now.

Back