What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Options

acpilot

Well Known Member
Patron
I was doing some reading last night and discovered that Vans has installed an IO-360 in the taildragger. They mention that they installed an IO-360 -A1D6 as it is angle valve but more importantly has the prop governor forward left. My questions are, how do the Lycoming engines ID’s work to determine which other IO-360 variants may fit as well. Still planning on an IO-390 (even as the price continues to increase), but would like to know what will work in case I come across a reasonable price 200HP IO-360.
So far variants that seems to fit are:

IO-360-A1D6
IO-360-C1E6
AEIO-360-A1E
AEIO-360-A1E6

Curious what variants other RV-14 IO-360 builders have used as well as Pros and Cons.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I have been watching Barnstormers to see if any of these forward left prop governor IO-360s get listed. It seems they are not very common. I'm still curious if any builders have used a rear prop governor IO-360 and made it work. All the posts I have seen are from pre 2016 and wondering if "work arounds" have been developed. I'm hoping to build a list of IO-360s that will work in case a good overhauled engine pops up.

Again, thanks in advance

Back