What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine bridge controller

Taltruda

Well Known Member
Friend
I’m interested in the engine bridge controller for my recently purchased dual PMags. With my limited panel space on the -4, I wanted to have info displayed on the iPad, or IPhone, not take up valuable panel space with the EI Commander. My question is what are the differences with the Bluetooth vs Wi-Fi Enginebridge controllers?

Also about setting up dual PMags, did you tee both to a single MAP connection? Or independent vacuum connections? The instructions also talk about using high temp hose instead of the silicone at the engine connection. I’ve used yellow Tygon before with good luck.. what are others using?

Thanks.

I’m interested in the engine bridge controller for my recently purchased dual PMags. With my limited panel space on the -4, I wanted to have info displayed on the iPad, or IPhone, not take up valuable panel space with the EI Commander. My question is what are the differences with the Bluetooth vs Wi-Fi Enginebridge controllers?

Also about setting up dual PMags, did you tee both to a single MAP connection? Or independent vacuum connections? The instructions also talk about using high temp hose instead of the silicone at the engine connection. I’ve used yellow Tygon before with good luck.. what are others using?

Thanks.

For the hoses, I did "tee" them to the MP port on the #3 (right rear) cylinder, and I used a combination of the hose they sent and some other fittings I scrounged up. TS Flightlines has a more professional solution for the PMAG MP hoses, I recall. Probably a good investment, since to find the exact fittings that worked took me a lot of trial ($$$$) and error :mad: on ebay.

Did you get one? Looks like they only sell Wi-Fi now. I’m planning on one for my 14A.

TS Flightlines

<snip>
TS Flightlines has a more professional solution for the PMAG MP hoses, I recall. Probably a good investment, since to find the exact fittings that worked took me a lot of trial ($$$$) and error :mad: on ebay.

2nd that ^. Tom sells a nice kit with everything.

I opted for two cables into the cockpit for occasional use. They are secured under the panel. Each terminates to a female D-sub. I can run the "A" curve by attaching the male with jumper or leave the male off for the "B" curve. Brad @ EmagAir is very helpful and the documentation is good.
Bill Repucci @ EICommander is very helpful as well.
Both answer their phones. These days that's pretty special

Last edited:

Thanks.

I teed the MAP sensor off the MAP line to my EIS, then split to the 2 PMags. (You may need a restrictor in the MAP line to reduce pressure pulses.)

I have the WIFI Enginebridge with wired connection to my Garmin GEA 24 (and therefore G3X). This gives me display of timing for each PMag on the engine data screen as well as PMag temperatures. If I want to change timing, I can bring up the Enginebridge screen on my iPhone or iPad. One very nice advantage to tying into the GEA 24 is data logging - Garmin automatically adds the connected data feeds to the log file so I have PMag timing in my data logs for diagnosis.

The first Engine bridges were Bluetooth, then they went to WiFi, but the first WiFi units had both. I think now they just have WiFi. Honestly, the information it gives you is not very valuable. After setting up my limits I looked at the info for a few weeks, and haven’t looked again in several years.
Never, Never, Never try to change your settings in-flight.

Back