What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electroair EA-002 MAP sensor

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Electroair EA-002 MAP sensor needed

Looks like I might be needing one of these older manifold pressure sensors. I can electrically disconnect it and still fly fixed timing with no issues but a bit higher fuel burn and no advance feature which is helpful for LOP operations at cruise. I have contacted both Electroair and Smoothpower but these older MAP sensors are not available and Electroair can’t get the pressure transducers anymore to repair mine.

Can’t seem to find one and don’t really want to start over. Anyone have one of these or know someone that may be able to repair it?

IMG-0763.jpg

Last edited:
Electroair Ignition

For those of you with the Electroair system do you run a blast tube to the coils for cooling?

I do not have any forced air cooling over my Electroair coils. They are mounted on the firewall (hot side of course). No issues so far. 1650 hours 22 years old.

The coils have always (new and old system) been on the hot side of the firewall with no cooling. No problem with the old Jeff Rose system for 18 years and 1200 hours when I did have a failure. The electronics go on the cool side of the firewall.

Scott A Jordan
N733JJ

Back