What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eastern Technology Differential Cylinder Pressure Tester

NYTOM

Well Known Member
While searching info on exactly what a Master Orifice is while preparing to do my condition inspection, I came across all the posts and confusion on exactly the proper model tester to use on a O-360. Seems like a lot of folks including myself bought the wrong one by using ACS description of E2M-1000 >5 and E2M <5. Saw posts offering to sell their 1000’s but researching further found the .060 orifice can very easily be changed to .040. To take advantage of the Master orifice readings the gauge would have a to be re-certified but for a standard condition inspection reading it would be fine. On the E2M-1000 the .060 orifice is found in the upstream side if the valve found inline between the gauges. After the valve is di-assembled , the orifice can be easily driven out using a small punch or even a small drill bit. Many ways you can form the new .040 orifice but in my case I cleaned the brass orifice and then filled the .060 hole with JB weld. After curing I carefully drilled a .040 hole through the .060 filled hole. Removed the -1000 and .060 from the identification plate and stamped .040 in place and now I’m the owner of a E2M. In the past with this instrument my reading were unbelievably good but hopefully my new reading will be more in line with the true cylinder condition.

Back