What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Hangars at KOZW (Howell, MI)?

longranger

Well Known Member
I'm relocating to SE Michigan at the end of June/early July, and I've been told that EAA Chapter 1056 owns hangars on the south side of KOZW. I've left several messages with a James Smith (Chapter 1056 President?) to check on availability and cost, but have not received a reply. Does anyone in that area have this information, or a more reliable way to contact James?

Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could store my RV-7 project (slow build, fuselage almost to QB stage) until we find a house (with a suitable shop area;))? Also, some months later on, my 170 will need a home when it gets out of rebuild.

Miles.....I am located on OZW in the county owned hangars on the North side. I will email Jim to bring this post to his attention. I am sure he will get back to you soon. FYI, the hangars on the North side rent for 265/mo plus electricity. Metal row hangars with ceiling insulated. Hangar door is electric hinge/fold up. Space available.

The EAA hangars are also metal row hangars, ceiling not insulated, and the hangar door is manual slide. Somewhat smaller but the rent is less for sure.

We have lots of home builds and many RV's based here.

Welcome to the mitten state!!! The snow just melted.

Jim
RV9a

Thanks for the welcome, Jim! This will be a homecoming of sorts for my wife who grew up in Ann Arbor then went to college at MSU. We were in Ann Arbor for the holidays, but missed the snow. I hear you guys had your share!

I'm looking forward meeting a whole new bunch of RV'ers!

I was never able to get a return call on the EAA hangers either when I was looking and finally gave up. I was very happy with the County hangers on the north side of the field and as Jim states, $265 per month. You will be closer to the terminal building there and the fuel farm is also located there now.
I also have a large outbuilding I built my -10 in. Heated with running water, restroom and all the creature comforts at my home in Howell if you are interested. We could probably work something out.

Last edited:
Back