What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon HDX question

hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
I got the upgrade to HDX. Two screws need new holes in the panel. I thus need to put in nut plates or rivnuts. What size are the screws? They have the same diameter and thread as the originals but are longer and bigger heads. Any builders out there who know?

Thanks to PaulvS; that's what I need. Rv8JD: well intentioned but I have the screws that came with it. I DON"T have the nut plates or nuts. Now I can buy what I need. I tried to ask Dynon but their tech support did not answer the email and the phone was always "leave a msg".

K1000-06 nut plates are what are called for in the original build.

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 99
FYI Leave a message on the Dynon tech line. They never pick up when I call but they always call back. sometimes within a few mins. Also don't forget to get the black piece from Dynon that covers the empty space that you will have under your HDX

For security i used the hex cap screws and nylocks...figured even if an avionics thief had the hex screwdriver they might give up when it starts spinning and not coming out.

For security i used the hex cap screws and nylocks...figured even if an avionics thief had the hex screwdriver they might give up when it starts spinning and not coming out.

You are able to get behind the panel for the nylocks? I would find that very difficult in mine.

Back