What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Firmware Update Time Required

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I started the firmware update on my Dynon HDX1100 and I get the message below, but it's been this way for over an hour. Is this normal? Just let it go? IT's supposed to reboot when completed according to the manual, but an hour seems too long. No?

HDX1100 Updating Firmware Message.jpg

Usually about 6-7 minutes, if it's been going that long it's hung up and you will have to reboot it or power it down.

Dynon update

Both my HDXs did that.
I called and was told to reboot.
Hold buttons 1,2 &5.
All good.

I rebooted my MFD yesterday and got a split screen indicating lots of items were not working, ie, ADAHRS, EMS, etc.

Shut everything down.

Rebooted and loaded new software on PFD. Got the same message as yesterday that software was loaded but screen froze.

Shut everything down overnight.

Rebooted this morning and now everything looks good. Mysterious.

Software

I rebooted my MFD yesterday and got a split screen indicating lots of items were not working, ie, ADAHRS, EMS, etc.

Shut everything down.

Rebooted and loaded new software on PFD. Got the same message as yesterday that software was loaded but screen froze.

Shut everything down overnight.

Rebooted this morning and now everything looks good. Mysterious.

Both screens have to have the same version or it generates an error. Sounds like your ok.

Back