What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D-100 Stall Warning

Louavul

Well Known Member
Anyone running a Dynon D-100 with the stall warning active? I have mine set to begin the alert at "High Yellow" but I don't hear anything but a solid tone on rollout at about 40kts, the speed that I have "locked out". It's not a show stopper just an irritant.

Just curious what I'm supposed to be hearing.

Thanks,

I’ve been using mine on the D180 for 16 years. Works really well.

What you should hear is an increasing beep that goes solid just as the aircraft stalls.
Also you should see the A of A indicator go from green to yellow (approaching the stall) and red as the critical A of A is reached.

Check that the pitot holes for both pitot and AofA haven’t been blocked.
Then I would suggest running a fresh A of A calibration and then check the stall warning sounds at least 5 knots above the stall.
The calibration is quite straightforward and normally just a stall clean and full flap.
I check my stall warning threshold annually.

Regards Peter

Last edited:
Anyone running a Dynon D-100 with the stall warning active? I have mine set to begin the alert at "High Yellow" but I don't hear anything but a solid tone on rollout at about 40kts, the speed that I have "locked out". It's not a show stopper just an irritant.

Just curious what I'm supposed to be hearing.

Thanks,

As noted you should hear is an intermittent beep that gets faster into a solid tone at the set point you have selected for stall warning (bottom yellow, mid yellow, top yellow etc.). After following the AoA threads on the forum I have mine set to full tone at approx 1.3 Vs. I have never figured out how to stop the tone on a full stall landing (RV-7) once it has started until the taxi speed gets below about 25 mph which can be pretty irritating when the tower is talking to you at the same time, wish the AoA system had an alarm off setting like all the other alarms in the D100/120 system.
I occasionally recalibrate the system when practicing slow flight prior to Oshkosh.
Figs

Back