What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Classic - USB port unresponsive.

flybye

Well Known Member
USB drives are not identified at the ports at the back of the EFIS. Unable to load files, the option is greyed out. Tried multiple USB drives, all of which work correctly on my backup display. I've replaced the extension to the USB port on the EFIS. Next, I'll check if the 5V is present at the port. Display Hardware Information reports Internal Voltages: OK so the 5V output is probably correct. Any thoughts on debugging this USB communication problem?

USB port not working.

Updating this post. The failed port is the one wired into the D58 harness. I was expecting to use one of the chassis mounted ports at the back of the display as backup but now I find they don't work either. All three ports have 5V.
Dynon discontinued the USB output on the D58 harness due to some problem. Whatever that was, I would not expect it to impact the other two ports. All my USB drives work correctly on the other display. I'd really like to exhaust all diagnostic tests before sending the unit back. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Back