What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon basic newbie question!

N360DF

Folks some Dynon newbie question, I hope some with Dynon experience may help me with some basics here.

- With and Skyview Classic how many external boxes is needed ?
Can it run out from the box and only need the interface for the engine monitor ? (If engine wanted)
(Sure I understand, temp. pitot. )

Maybe some can explain the absolutely minimum here ?

Same question regards the EFIS D10

--------------------------------------

I have the D10 engine monitoring (not installed) for 6 cylinder with all the probes.

May this unit transfer the signals to the skyview like the stand alone interface ?

If not, may I use the probes to the stand alone interface, or do the Skyview require its own probes.

May this D10 unit be set up for 4 cylinder ?

Besides the display, you will need the ADAHRS, pitot tube, and backup battery. That will give you basic flying data. Adding the engine module will give you the engine instruments you need. Everything else is determined by your desires and pocketbook.

The SkyView uses a network system using serial data.
The probes on your D10 EMS will work with your SV (assuming same engine) but you will need to have the SV EMS module to send that data to the SV.
In order to have a working SV EFIS you will need the ADHARS (Attitude and Heading Reference System). It's similar to your D10 EFIS on steroids. It's a good idea to have the backup battery.
Read the manual and you'll get a much better understanding.

Back