What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Don George

dan carley

Well Known Member
Has anyone had dealings with this engine rebuilding company?
Approximately what is the average waiting time
To get your engine back? Are they a good company to use

Thanks
Danny carley

All of my dealings with them have been great. Don is a regular over at Sun N Fun. I have watched Don help owners with troubleshooting engines that he didnt overhaul or maintain. He worked on two of our club aircraft (Non-RV) before I left. They came back looking like new.

I cant speak to current timing, but last OH he did at our airport (O-360 in 2021) was just over 4 months from first scheduling call to it being done.

Good dealings

My dealings have been good back in certified world. My only complaint these days is they (as of a few years ago) didn't stray from the path of certified builds when aircraft were involved; at least as far as systems went. Wanted them to build a PP for me but they didn't want anything to do with EFI/EI etc. No problem to me as they can choose to run their business in what ever markets they choose. During talks, they were considerate enough to ask if the fixed base guys near me (also good guys) would have a problem with them coming to the field. They've been at it a long time. Give them a call.

Good shop, great guy.

I have flown behind several of Don’s motors for many years now. They were all well built. When I had a cam lobe failing last year, Don encouraged me to rebuild my motor myself to avoid the long back long he had then. I had him rework all of my cylinders and he tirelessly answered many questions I had both in person and answered several phone calls.

I highly recommend him and his shop.

Back