What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does your RV have a nickname?

My wife hates my plane, hated when I built it, hates when I go flying, hates everything about it so I named it after her and even included her initials in it’s N number. She hates that too. :p

Wow. I feel sorry for you, but I can truly relate. My wife hates my boat, hates it when I use the boat, hates going on the boat and wants me to get rid of the boat.

BUT... thankfully she loves the plane, likes flying in the plane, complains when I go flying without her in the plane, and has never once complained about the cost of the plane. Its a blessing.

Ours is called "Ecstacy" - a state of euphoria. Hence the registration. And it takes me to heaven and back regularly.

My RV-7

My RV7 is called RUBY RED, she is the color of a beautiful ruby It is really a Ford pickup ruby red... Should have been called "Money Pit"

Borrowed Horse RV8

My RV8. ‘Borrowed Horse’
Exp Super Cub. ‘Shooter’
C180J. ‘Paul Revere’
Paul Revere Borrowed a Horse to ride before the Shooting started

Yes…

RV-8 HulaGirl, mostly just because of the chosen nose art. Ask my wife Katie and she will tell you she is not HulaGirl. But we might agree she is more like the TikiGirl from the movie It’s A Guy Thing. Any ideas how I might incorporate this in the paint on a 10?

Disapproving spouse....

My wife hates my plane, hated when I built it, hates when I go flying, hates everything about it so I named it after her and even included her initials in it’s N number. She hates that too. :p

:D:D:D:D:D: That cracked me up!!!:p:p:p

Amazing you finished your project and now fly with her disapproval! Keep up the good work!!!:cool:

UMOFO, short for……..well you know.

Never really thought about it but I keep calling it that when it doesn’t behave while building.

Fiver...it's my fifth RV-7 and the hero rabbit in Watership Down.

Gooney Bird... is #6 and the build is taking forever. Feels like the weight of a dead albatross hung on my neck (Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner), and my landings are reminiscent of gooney bird touchdowns.

John Siebold

“Money Pit”

My wife has come to accept that flying is important to me and this airplane is therefore a necessity to my well being and keeping it in a safe, fly able condition is therefore important to her. However she still thinks of it as the “Money Pit.”

After ready several of these replies to my wife she said to name our RV 10 …..Cash!
I’m blessed though because she loves the plane , loves to fly and helps me with the riveting.

Keith

Another Plane Jane

Got the name while building.

Attachments

• IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 25
Persistence

It was a long build. Nearing the end of construction I gave a presentation to my local EAA chapter on the construction of my RV-8. I was pondering what to name the title of the presentation and came up with "The making of Persistence".

The name stuck!

Back