What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

documented G3X

cgbag40

Looking for someone much better than I about documenting their work. My new system is comprised of the following - GDU-470, G5, GSU-25C, GNX-375, GAD-29C, GMU-11, GAD-13, OAT, Trio-Pro Pilot. I'm moving from a G5 to the G3X making the G5 a backup. Currently I'm wiring up the CAN BUS and the ARINC 429. The Pro Pilot uses a switch to move from inputs for HSI to the GPS. The attached drawing shows this. In any event, if there is a person who feels they have a portion of this wiring well documented I would really appreciate the guidance.

Carlton
Hailey, Idaho
N12CG
N876CG

Attachments

• External Airdata Input Wiring Diagram.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 79
Looking for someone much better than I about documenting their work. My new system is comprised of the following - GDU-470, G5, GSU-25C, GNX-375, GAD-29C, GMU-11, GAD-13, OAT, Trio-Pro Pilot. I'm moving from a G5 to the G3X making the G5 a backup. Currently I'm wiring up the CAN BUS and the ARINC 429. The Pro Pilot uses a switch to move from inputs for HSI to the GPS. The attached drawing shows this. In any event, if there is a person who feels they have a portion of this wiring well documented I would really appreciate the guidance.

Carlton
Hailey, Idaho
N12CG
N876CG

Carlton,

The G3X Touch Installation manual (Rev. AS, page 23-44) shows how to interface your Trio ProPilot to the GDU 470 PFD with a single bi-directional RS-232 interface.

Since the ProPilot only has a single A429 input, it is not ideal to interface it to both an IFR navigator and the G3X Touch system, so this single RS-232 interface uses the flight director on the G3X Touch to control the ProPilot making it unnecessary to use the A429 input on the ProPilot (or install a switch).

Ideally you would remove the ProPilot and install GSA 28 servos, but if you want to keep the ProPilot, this is the best way to interface.

Steve

Back