What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dimpling F-1212 step rib

daveyator

Well Known Member
Wondering what others have done to dimple the top flange of the F-1212 inboard step ribs.(page 21-14, step 2) My dimple dies are too big to get between the web and the flange, It looks as if even if I grind the female die, the nose of the squeezer yoke will still interfere. Are the dies that use a nail and a pop riveter any good for this job?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Dave Hastwell

Dave, I don't recall having a problem with those holes. Can you `spring' the flanges enough to get the die in?

I had to grind down the side of a set of dimple dies and the squeezer to dimple some areas on the -12.Basically, you gotta do what you gotta do. :D

Last edited:
I used a pair of the Vice-Grips from Avery, that had the dimple dies brazed to them. The outer edge of them was already ground down...fit perfect.

But if you don't have access to any of those, I'd imagine the dimple dies for a nail would work great. If you were closer, I'd gladly mail them to you as a loaner tool.

Back